Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 3, Tuesday Ride to Cheyenne

Sitting in Cheyenne Memorial Park next to a power outlet. Nice camp...lots of outlets surrounding the park road, a one way route in and back out. Lots of museums and things here in the park to see. I have chosen not to. I love one-room school houses as much as the next guy but sometimes you just need to know when to say "no".

Another long ride today. 63.32 miles; total on-bike time 4:49 (h:m) Average speed 13.1 mph. Heart Rate Monitor: 5:44 total running time including breaks and lunch. 2861 calories burned.

Seen today: A bride and groom. Today was "crazy day" where costumes are encouraged and voting takes place. Through the years I've seen some interesting costumes. I've even seen a bride before. Of course it was a man with very hairy legs riding a recumbent but I digress. So it was nice to see a pretty lady with a lace tank top (with appropriate coverage), white riding shorts, and a flying veil attached to her helmet. Riding along side her was a man wearing one of those tuxedo t-shirts. Cute. But I get to camp and mom says, "oh-look over there. Its the bride and groom. They are getting married in the Chapel here in the park tonight and word is that they ordered wedding cake for 500 and we are all invited to the reception! " Wow I said. Thats pretty cool. And you know how I love cake! So that really wasn't a costume. The only other crazy day participant I saw was an elderly playboy bunny. Ask me later about that.....

Mom and I took a limo ride out to the Black Kettle National Grasslands/Battlefield Historic Site. The park/museum was nice. Nicer than the limo. But now we can say we rode in a limo on Freewheel.

Luckily the weather has cooperated today..not too hot. Nice breeze once your camped. Not so nice if you are still out there on the road. And some are. Thats probably 9-10 hours on the road. Sad. Sad.

I'll try to post some pictures. If not here, check my Flickr link located to the right under Links I Love.

P.S. The oil has been checked on the Cloud. We are in good shape.

Shop- The Beginning

I'm finally building on the land. Its been a long time coming...and the plans and the location have changed over the years since I first...