Friday, June 5, 2009

Remember Fifty-Six. Zip Code 72533

Some folks actually ride their bikes down to the start town of FreeWheel each year. The group I knew of called it PreWheel. My husband did it once. Packed all his junk in a little trailer and headed south. I did not. They had fun...but Sunday will be soon enough for me.

Mom and I departed Guthrie this morning. We loaded up the Cloud (my 4Runner) and rolled south.

I've had to tell Mom about the Cloud. Watch out...sometimes the fuel guage goes wacky...and don't worry about the big cloud of smoke on start up. Disregard the check engine light (and other miscellaneous orange lights on the dash). She's probably wondering if we're gonna make it. I didn't mention to her that I didn't have time to get the new tires I was planning. What she doesn't know can't hurt her. At least not too badly! :)

So we rolled into Tishomingo and had a good visit with Grandma. She's doing well but looking forward to going home soon. I will be glad when she is home again, too. No one can take care of her like my Aunt. They are quite the pair and always have fun stories about the neighborhood activities of which they are close observers.

Fish Tales is a great little place to eat. Just east? of Tishomingo. Open on Friday and Saturday nights only. All you can eat and eat and eat. Ten Bucks. Cheap for the damage you can do. (Not me of course. :). We eat here quite often when we are in Tishomingo. But tonight was special. Mom got in contact with dear friends and we all dined together. Little Sister sat next to me. She even sat on my lap on the drive out there. I feel special cause her Nana thinks she is the cat's meow! So we dined with friend, husband, daughter, son-in-law and the three kids. Mr. C is 13, Little Sister is 6 and the Baby J is still in diapers. Good food. Good Company.

I mentioned my troubles of finding internet service and Mom's dear friend set me up. I am camped out in her office now, the loft of her beautiful home, while I'm sure her and Mom are reminising old times and hopefully making some future plans together. So thanks to Tishomingo friends I am able to post tonight. Till tomorrow.

PS: Who remembers Fifty Six?

Shop- The Beginning

I'm finally building on the land. Its been a long time coming...and the plans and the location have changed over the years since I first...