Short BUS Retro
Afterwards I was determined to get an old bus....and do my own remodel. It seemed like a great project for me and HE to complete. He can fix anything that has a motor...and I figure myself quite handy with a bit of interior design, amateur woodworking skills, and a sewing machine. What else would we need?
Time, Location, Patience! ....and Cash. Here's a brief Time Line.... to get us caught up....
- Sept 2012. Inspired by Winkelman Architecture 1959 Chevy Short Bus Retro.
- Oct 2012. Found a 1947 Dodge on Craigslist...called...talked to the owner....but it seemed beyond my budget at the time...and I didn't think it was time to invest in a bus...or get my heart set on a mechanic. Did I mention it didn't have a motor?
- Dec 2012. My mechanic relocates to Kansas City..new job..new life?...5 hours away?...Time would tell if the mechanic was really interested...and I had no business owning a short bus without him!
- Jan 2013 to May 2013. It became pretty clear. The mechanic and I were going to continue despite the temporary distance between us. And when I mentioned the bus again...we both wondered if it was still available.
- June-July 2013. The very same bus...still available! And despite my Mom's infamous deragtory statement upon seeing the early photos, I proceeded to purchase the best little bus I've ever seen.
I'll be posting some photos and videos of the adventure of loading and getting my bus home....and trying to keep up with the makeover as we slowly move forward. We anticipate it will be done in time for our retirement years.....perfect timing for our first road trip!