Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 6 Ride to Alva

70 miles. Enough said. I wasn't looking forward to to the ride but I got out there and got it done.

Camp in Fairview. We watched Speedwheel, impressed as usual. Those guys and gals are animals.

So I'm 16 miles out and made it to a little store before the rainstorm hit. We were packed in there so tight...people just standing in all the aisle waiting for the storm to pass. The gals running the store were great. Word got out that one of them was having a birthday and the entire store full of people sang her "Happy Birthday". Nice!

I stayed in and dry for about an hour and then I was back on the road. The rest of the day was beautiful....I got into camp right as it started to get sunny and hot. No trees in Alva. Not a bit of shade to be found. Mom and I elected to go downtown to town square and shop the shops and stay cool. We found a mexican restaurant and had an early dinner then back to camp for showers and bed. One day to go. Amen. I already started quizzing Mom about how long it will take to get home to Guthrie tomorrow.

Shop- The Beginning

I'm finally building on the land. Its been a long time coming...and the plans and the location have changed over the years since I first...