Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 4 of 7-Muldrow to Tahlequah

64 miles. 5 hours.
I was out on my bike again this morning after my day off yesterday. Pretty early start..5:50am. Trying to beat the heat. Rode 64 miles today...the hills were the worst yet everyone said. And I agree. I blew out my glove...lost the center padding on the right. Oh well..they were starting to smell. I'm not my usually bubbly self in camp (hee hee)...I dismissed myself to the Tahlequah Middle School Media Center to post. This room (which I would call a library) has 30 computers...and there are only 3 people in here....me, a girl on facebook (of course) and a man sleeping on the floor. Its air conditioned and quite. FreeWheelers will sleep about anywhere. Word is that it will be open all night...pretty nice gesture on part of the school.

Tonight is SpeedWheel, an amateur racing event for cyclists in the region/state. They will close off the streets downtown to make a route for the cyclists. Spectators will line the streets with camp chairs...or just sit on the curb and watch them whiz by. The announcer does a great job...calling out "10 more laps. Will So and So maintain the lead? We have a new leader....and my favorite, a premium lap...where the winner of that particular lap wins a prize...even if he loses the race. There will be several Category of riders...all faster than I could ever imagine going.

I'm gonna try to put some photos on this post, not sure the Media Center will let me download them....but anyway...Tommorrow we head for Pryor. Just 53 miles! Till then...

Shop- The Beginning

I'm finally building on the land. Its been a long time coming...and the plans and the location have changed over the years since I first...