Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dishes Washed in Guthrie....

Well, it's almost time. Soon I'll travel to Hugo to prepare for the Sunday start of Oklahoma FreeWheel 2010. My sister and brother-in-law have vowed to join mom and I on the adventure. Last year (2009) was an anomaly....just mom and I. This year it's our usual crowd.

But wait...I sold the Toyota...what's a girl to do? How will we get our bikes loaded without my usual roof rack/truck combo? I'm counting on my handy dandy brother-in-law! I haven't seen the contraption yet but I can tell you that it attaches to the receiver hitch on his truck and will accommodate up to two bikes and a ice chest of beer! It will be sturdy (you don't want to loose that ice chest en route_!) and very functional! We just hope Mom remembers that it is back there while she drives the truck each day!

A phone call confirms the Mt. Ida crew is underway...That's good. I don't want to pick the campsite. Too much pressure. Oh...how about those campers at Albert Pike Campground on the Little Missouri River/Caddo Gap in Arkansas that died in the flash flooding? Terrible. Stay Alert and Live! (that's a slogan off a helicopter guide I found in Dad's old Weyerhauser briefcase)

Tonight we will camp next to the Depot in the City Park...This is the first place Sis and I ever camped. Back in 2001? Her then beau dropped her off...I caught a ride down with the late, great Bill Burke of Stillwater. What a wonderful old man....I will think of him often this year...I know he is riding a bicycle in heaven..climbing the clouds...and the wind is probably always at his back, too. He's right at home...he certainly was full of hot air.....That's for you Mr. Burke...you know I had to say it! :)

Tomorrow we ride out at daylight-(6am)-headed for Clayton. Doubt I'll find a internet "hot spot" but I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Shop- The Beginning

I'm finally building on the land. Its been a long time coming...and the plans and the location have changed over the years since I first...