Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why FreeWheel?

It's way late and I can't sleep. But we won't talk about that! Perhaps its time to ramble off a post to my new blog. I set this up in anticipation of a special trip I am planning to make. My mom has agreed to accompany me on a cross state bicycle ride....across Oklahoma of course. Its FreeWheel 2009! 6 days, nearly 400 miles from Duncan, Oklahoma to Kiowa, Kansas.

Why FreeWheel? My Dad saw an advertisement in the newspaper years ago..1996? (Sis can say for sure). Cross state bike ride: Texas to Kansas. My sister was our only bicycle rider back then. I had been thrown (several times) from her hand-me-down Specialized HardRock mountain bike a few years earlier on Holt Road Trail in Devils Den State Park, northwest Arkansas and that was the end of my mountain bike career. But anyway...Dad said, "Come to Oklahoma for a week and I will drive your car each day while you ride the route and I will meet you in the next host town, complete with hotel/hot showers." She said yes. And that started it all. Of course they had a blast. And then they wanted me to come along. Misery loves company right? But so does Joy! Check out the website if you like and I will tell you more soon. http://okfreewheel.com/

Shop- The Beginning

I'm finally building on the land. Its been a long time coming...and the plans and the location have changed over the years since I first...